Dynamic rope threaded into a tubular webbing
- Rope: dynamic rope QUASAR 9,9 mm with uniform thread & dry threatment;
- Sleeve: nylon tubular webbing 20 mm width;
- Available models: CLASSIC leash or inovative DYNAMIC leash with crincled sleeve;
- Lenght: 360 cm standard or 335 cm for trick-highline;
- MBS: with fig-8 knot: 20 kN;
- Weight: 385 gr for model 360 cm CLASSIC leash without rings;
- Made in: Italy.
Select the place of delivery and calculate the costs and shipping methods
If you are note happy of your purchase you can always return the product
Highline LEASH classic or dynamic
- CLASSIC LEASH has sleeve length same as rope length;
- Innovative DYNAMIC LEASH has sleeve length longer than rope length, to ensure the absorption of the shock with the rope core which has greater stretch than sleeve.
The DYNAMIC LEASH has two seams at 120 cm from the ends to fix the curled part of the sleeve in the central area. Thanks to this sewings the two leash's extremities have smooth surface for making fig-8 knots, while the central curled part maintains the necessary dynamism to preserve all the dynamic properties of the rope, making the fall much more comfortable for your back.
What is the right LEASH length?
The standard length of the LEASH is 360 cm. With this length you can make two main fig-8 knots at the ends plus two simple safety knots with the tail, and there is still enough room to walk without feeling the leash.
The modern length used in the Trick-Highline request a shorter leash 335 cm. The reduced length is meant to follows the body movements during tricking.
DYNAMIC LEASH is available only in fixed length 360 cm. Please inform us if you wish to have it available in the 335 cm in order for us to make a next new production batch.
Why using 2 rings instead of just one?
FORGED ALUMINUM RINGS have a breaking strenght of 39 kN each. It is recommended to always use two rings not to increase the strenght of the system, but to increase the impact surface on the webbing and dissipate with more efficiency the fall energy.
To keep the two rings together, we recommend to tape them on the outside with electrical tape.
30 cm of TENDER line as additional protection sleeve
The greatest stress for LEASH during fall is the contact area with the rings. To reduce wear we suggest to add an additional protection sleeve made of 30 cm of TENDER LINE webbing.
WARNING: in the case of LEASH with VORTEX ring, the additional 30 cm TENDER sleeve is mandatory for correct VORTEX device working.
Partner check and warnings
Read carefully the manual of each gears and before every use always check, through partner's check, that:
- the LEASH is in perfect condition, with no signs of wear;
- the harness is properly closed;
- the fig-8 knot is correctly made to the harness;
- the ring is correctly insert to the highline;
- the fig-8 knot is properly made to the ring or rings;
- all the knots have sufficient leftover rope, minimum 12 cm.
Remember that LEASH is not a personal protective equipment (PPE). Never use this device without expert person who supervise you and take sufficient precautions and safety measures. Slacklining and especially Highlining do not have standards in law and for this reason all manufacturers, including ourselves, are forced to declare that these products are not suitable for Highlining.
Transport, storage and lifespan
Remember to always keep LEASH away from sharp objects; store it in a dry place and away from direct sunlight, avoid contact with acids or solvents. In case of contact with salt, wash it with clean water.
Under normal use conditions, LEASH follows the lifespan indicated by the rope QUASAR 9.9 mm manufacturer (CAMP). In general, a limit of 10 years is considered, but life is significantly reduced on the basis of: exposure to UV rays, salt, ice, contact with chemical agents.
In the event of neet abrasion marks, cuts or deformations, the product must be immediately replaced, therefore its life can be reduced to a single use. The rings must always maintain their original shape without deformation, cracks or sign of wear. Contact us for any clarification needed.
- SUGGESTED FOR